One Day Ration Pack – Classic
Keep your energy levels up with a ration pack which includes a compete day’s meals – Porridge Supreme, Roast Lamb and Vegetables, Classic Beef Curry and a Snacks and Drinks pack.
What’s included –
Classic Beef Curry – Small 90g (makes 340g)
White rice, sauce (maltodextrin, thickener (1442), brown sugar, hydrolysed vegetable proteins, vegetables, colours (150d, 100), herbs & spices, salt, flavour), beef dices (20%) (beef, soy protein concentrate, salt, mineral salt (451, 450), rosemary extract), peas (peas, acidity regulator (331, 500)), onion, red pepper
Roast Lamb and Vegetables – Small (90g)
Mashed potato (potato flakes (potato, emulsifier (471), preservative (330), antioxidant (223)), milk powder (contains emulsifier (322)), canola oil (contains antioxidant (319), antifoaming agent (900a)), salt, sugar, chives), lamb dices (24%) (lamb, soy protein concentrate, salt, brown sugar, mineral salt (451, 450), coriander, mint, pepper, rosemary extract), sauce (maltodextrin, sugar, thickener (1442), milk solids, vegetables, hydrolysed vegetable protein, herbs & spices, yeast extract), corn, peas (peas, acidity regulator (331, 500)), carrot (contains acidity regulator (500)), pumpkin
Contains milk, soybeans, sulphites
Snack and Drinks (373 g)
– Jelly Beans (sugar, glucose syrup, thickener (1401), food acid (330), flavours, colours (102, 110, 122, 133, 171), glazing agent (903, vegetable oil, 904))
– Trail mix (banana chips (contains flavour), raisins, sultanas, apricot (contains preservative (220)), pumpkin seeds, coconut (contains preservative (223)), chocolate (contains emulsifiers (492, 322), flavours))
– rainbow buttons (sugar, vegetable oil, milk solids, cocoa powder, corn starch, emulsifiers (322, 476, 492), flavour, glazing agents (414, 553, 903), colours (171, 122, 133, 110, 104, 124))
– Orange drink (sugar, maltodextrin, acidity regulators (330, 331, 300), salt, flavours, mineral salt (508, 518), sweeteners (952, 954), colours (160a))
– 2 x Biscuits (flour, sugar, rolled oats, margarine [vegetable oil, antioxidant (306), emulsifiers (322, 471), acidity regulator (330), preservative (202)], coconut, golden syrup, brown sugar, butter [cream, salt], egg, raising agent (500), flavour)
– Creamer (contains mineral salt (340), emulsifer (471), anticaking agent (551), colour (160b), flavour)
– Chocolate drink
– Black tea
– Salt & black pepper
Contains: wheat, oats, egg, milk, soybeans, sulphites
Processed in a facility that also produces products containing wheat, rye, barley, oats, spelt, crustacea, egg, fish, milk, peanuts, tree nuts, sesame seeds
About Freeze Dried Back Country Products
During the freeze drying process, crystals of frozen ice in the food are sublimed (evaporated) to water vapour in a vacuum chamber. The result is a completely dry product that does not shrink during the drying process.
When prepared for eating, the water is quickly absorbed by the pores left by the ice crystals to give a juicy, tender food product. After packing, the food is heat-sealed in foil pouches from which all the air has been removed and replaced with nitrogen gas, keeping the food safe and flavoursome for many years – Back Country guarantees their products for at least three years. That being said, the standard shelf life of freeze dried foods stored correctly is generally accepted to be between 25-30 years..
Back Country Cuisine meals are formulated to meet the high energy needs of outdoor activity and our products have a careful mix of the essential components needed for a healthy diet. This includes balanced carbohydrates and sugars for instant energy, protein to replenish exhausted muscles and oils and fats to keep you feeling full.
- Freeze drying removes the moisture from food making it much lighter and easier to carry
- Freeze drying retains the natural vitamins in the food because of the low temperatures used in processing
- Along with naturally occurring minerals and the addition of salt, the freeze dried meals provide vitamins and minerals necessary to meet the high energy needs of outdoor activity
- Flushed with nitrogen gas when packed, freeze dried products have a long shelf life, meaning you can have meals on hand at any time
- Food does not shrink during the freeze drying process, or inside the pouch
Note: For health and safety reasons we are unable to accept change of mind returns for food products. The manufacturers warranty remains in place.
|Dimensions||13 × 18 × 26 cm|