Vanquest Markhor offers exceptional organisation and durability as a prepping, hunting or hiking backpack. Use the Vanquest backpack for organising your survival supplies and gear.
Vanquest backpack Markhor-45 Key Features: (1) 45-Liter capacity; (2) Ergonomic suspension system: removable internal frame, padded waist belt and adjustable height shoulder straps; (3) 1000-D bottom and 500-D body CORDURA construction for the best weight to strength balance; (4) Versatile beaver tail panel with rifle/bow support (5) Dual side water bottle pockets plus MOLLE-Air faced internal Hydration pocket.
The Vanquest MARKHOR-45 backpack (45-Liters) is Vanquests largest and most advanced pack for hiking, camping, and hunting. Its double-sided beaver-tail panel & DAM (Durable Arms Management) system can be used for external gear carry. A continuous & lockable YKK #10 zipper opening comes with extra-large ITW zipper pulls, offering you easy “clamshell” access to the main compartment. The new suspension system is specifically designed for you to comfortably carry heavy loads.
Two 3-D top pockets can carry one of our Maximiser organisers, with a zipper pass-through giving you quick access to the main compartment. Another larger zippered pocket on the bottom can carry camp shoes, rain gear, or extra clothes.
Then there’s the hiking backpacks unique beavertail with DAM (Durable Arms Management) design. The Markhor beavertail is double-sided, reversible, and removable, offering gear storage, attachment, and compression.
The front of the beavertail is the “Sport” side: elastic cord routed through 1” vertical webbing with a Hypalon “Duck Foot” at the bottom to secure an extra layer (e.g. jacket). Two ELASTO Gear Locks on 1” webbing for holding tripods, axe handles and trekking poles when used with the adjustable tool loops. The reversed side of the beavertail is the high-grade side: Cordura MOLLE-Air panel with a loop ID panel for you to attach more accessories. Above the MOLLE-Air panel is a slim pocket for maps.
The beavertail, 2-rows of vertical webbing, and the two 2.5cm removable retention straps make up the DAM (Durable Arms Management) system. This allows you to secure and carry most firearms and archery equipment without a strap or sling.
The backpack’s 4 side compression straps move the weight closer to you. There are Hypalon MOLLE-Air side panels providing low-profile MOLLE attachment solutions, plus two bottle pockets with elastic cord retentions.
Want to Know More?
The main compartment of the Vanquest backpack is lined with orange high-viz 210-D ripstop nylon for low-light environments. There is a hydration / laptop sleeve with a loop-faced MOLLE-Air panel to attach organisational pouches via MOLLE or hook-and-loop. The sides are lined with loop panels, allowing for further modularity and customisation. Two ToughMesh pockets line the front panel for additional gear storage.
This fantastic hiking backpack has upgraded suspension system lets you carry heavy loads with comfort: Shoulder harness with 5 adjustable positions for different torso length and proper fit. Ergonomically molded PC (polycarbonate) internal frame with “virtual stays” curves and flexes with your body. Top load-adjusters help to bring the backpack forward to keep proper center of gravity. EVA foam shoulder straps, breathable mesh back, and an elastic sternum strap. Finally, a removable “pull-forward” padded waist belt that’s fast and easy to tighten, and keeps most of the weight off your shoulders. On the outside of the waist belt is webbing attachments for flashlights, knives or small pouches.
For the best balance of weight and strength, Vanquest uses ultra-durable 1000-D Cordura® nylon at high-wear areas (bottom panels), and 500-D Cordura® for the rest of the bag. The Cordura® is treated with DWR (Durable Water Repellent) for all-weather performance, and will be ready every time you need it.
Specs & Features of the Vanquest Backpack
- Total Pack Capacity: 45 Litres
- Net Weight: 6 pounds | 2722 grams
- Overall Exterior Size (Fully Extended): 71.1cm (H) x 38.1cm (W) x 21.5cm (D)
- Main Compartment (Interior): 66cm (H) x 30.4cm (W) x 15.2cm (D)
- Outer Bottom Zippered Pocket (Interior): 20.3cm (H) x 27.9cm (W) x 12.7cm (D)
- Top Zipper Pocket 1 (Interior): 12.7cm (H) x 24.1cm (W) x 3.8cm (D)
- Top Zipper Pocket 2 (Interior): 22.8cm (H) x 26.6cm (W) x 6.35cm (D)
- Beaver Tail (Exterior): 30.4cm (H) x 27.9cm (W)
- Beaver Tail Map Pocket (Interior): 30.4cm (H) x 21.5cm (W)
- Hydration / Laptop Sleeve (Interior): 41.9cm (H) x 29.2cm (W)
- Zippered Mesh Pocket 1 (Interior): 12.7cm (H) x 29.21cm (W) x 3.8cm (D)
- Zippered Mesh Pocket 2 (Interior): 16.5cm (H) x 29.2cm (W) x 3.8cm (D)
- Reversible and removable Beaver Tail with two different sides: “Sport” (shock cord field with Duck Foot for retention) and “high-grade” (Cordura MOLLE-Air panel w/loop face and map pocket)
- As a hiking backpack the Markhor offers durable Arms Management system to carry your rifle or bow
- Padded main compartment with loop and MOLLE-Air panel for custom attachment & ladder webbing
- Three grab handles (backside top and sides)
- Four side compression straps plus Beaver Tail compression for weight management
- Padded shoulder straps adjustable for torso length with load lifters & sternum strap w/ integrated whistle
- The Vanquest backpack allows the removal of its moulded internal frame for comfortable carry
- Removable padded waist belt with pull forward adjustment
- Main compartment fits 100 oz. / 3-Liter hydration bladder or 2018 15″ Mac Book Pro laptop
- Low profile Hypalon MOLLE-Air panel on sides for MOLLE attachment
- Bottom attachment webbing for sleep systems or ground pads
- Adjustable tool loops and ELASTO Gear Locks secure axes, trekking poles, tripods or other gear
- Flag/morale loop field on front for ID
- Materials: 1,000-D Mil-grade Cordura® fabric on the bottom and 500-D Cordura® for the body treated with Durable Water Repellant
- Ergonomically shaped Poly-carbonate internal frame
- High-visibility, lightweight & moisture resistant 210-D Ripstop nylon interior.
- Durable RC-Class YKK® lockable zippers, reversed for protection.
- Heat, chemical and UV stable Hypalon MOLLE-Air attachment system
- Mil-grade ITW® and UTX-Duraflex® hardware made from high tensile strength Acetal polymer.
- Main zipper pull (Zipline Orbit) made by ITW-Nexus
- Spartan Zipper pulls
- High tensile strength nylon webbings and binding tapes
- Finished with high tensile strength bonded nylon thread
|Dimensions||64 × 35 × 15 cm|
Black, Coyote Tan, Wolf Gray
Customer ReviewsWrite a review
I once walked a few mountain tours in Europe, backpack is a base for a successful trip, I'm just ordered extra equipment especially for this backpack and my needs.
I believe this is one of the best thought-out for functional backpack . Really good quality
I was originally interested in a bag that could fit my sleeping mat horizontally (Sea to summit Ether light XT) which is a tight 30cm long when packed. Very happy to find it fit my entire sleep/shelter gear packed horizontally allowing for a better weight distribution for the main volume in the pack.
I’ll never even consider another bag that can’t open the main compartment fully. The convenience of taking out what you want without everything else allows you to properly spread weight in the pack and not being concerned about what order everything will need to be packed in.
The pocket at the base of the bag is self contained and surprisingly large. A great option to keep my tarp. Easy to find when setting up in the rain, and won’t soak the pack through if a little damp.
The versatility of the bag from its adjustable build really makes this a suitable pack for anyone looking to carry some serious gear. The waist belt really does a good job of holding most of the weight. Can’t wait to take it on my 5 day hike.