Classic Beef Curry Regular
A heart-warming mix of freeze dried beef, curry sauce, rice and vegetables. Gluten Free.
Simply add the required amount of hot or cold water stated on the back of each meal pouch, stir and let stand for 10 to 15 minutes. The result is a delicious freeze dried meal wherever you may be. Check out the added lower tear tab on all pouches, once the meal has been reconstituted just tear the lower perforation and use the pouch as a bowl. A great idea and saves getting messy hands when using your spoon or fork.
Net Weight: 175g
White rice, sauce (maltodextrin, thickener (1442), brown sugar, hydrolysed vegetable proteins, vegetables, colours (150d, 100), herbs & spices, salt, flavour), beef dices (20%) (beef, soy protein concentrate, salt, mineral salt (451, 450), rosemary extract), peas (peas, acidity regulator (331, 500)), onion, red pepper.
Contains: soybeans processed in a facility that also produces products containing crustacea, egg, fish, milk, tree nuts, sesame seeds.
About Freeze Dried Back Country Products
During the freeze drying process, crystals of frozen ice in the food are sublimed (evaporated) to water vapour in a vacuum chamber. The result is a completely dry product that does not shrink during the drying process.
When prepared for eating, the water is quickly absorbed by the pores left by the ice crystals to give a juicy, tender food product. After packing, the food is heat-sealed in foil pouches from which all the air has been removed and replaced with nitrogen gas, keeping the food safe and flavoursome for many years – Back Country guarantees their products for at least three years. That being said, the standard shelf life of freeze dried foods stored correctly is generally accepted to be between 25-30 years..
Back Country Cuisine meals are formulated to meet the high energy needs of outdoor activity and our products have a careful mix of the essential components needed for a healthy diet. This includes balanced carbohydrates and sugars for instant energy, protein to replenish exhausted muscles and oils and fats to keep you feeling full.
- Freeze drying removes the moisture from food making it much lighter and easier to carry
- Freeze drying retains the natural vitamins in the food because of the low temperatures used in processing
- Along with naturally occurring minerals and the addition of salt, the freeze dried meals provide vitamins and minerals necessary to meet the high energy needs of outdoor activity
- Flushed with nitrogen gas when packed, freeze dried products have a long shelf life, meaning you can have meals on hand at any time
- Food does not shrink during the freeze drying process, or inside the pouch
Note: For health and safety reasons we are unable to accept change of mind returns for food products. The manufacturers warranty remains in place.
|Dimensions||4.5 × 18.5 × 24 cm|