EDCM-SLIM 2.0 improvements: (1) easy access front slip pocket, (2) total 23 elastic webbing slots with pen/marker/pencil sized slots, (3) three position removable 15.2cm (overall) double hook key chain tether.
EDCM-SLIM is the smallest of Vanquests Everyday Carry Maximiser™ (EDCM) series: 20.3cm (H) x 15.2cm (W) x3.1cm (D). It features 23 of our “Maximiser” offset-stitched elastic channels, and 3 flat pockets that deliver unparalleled organisation. If you are looking for a low-profile organiser to accommodate your essential EDC items, EDCM-SLIM is what you need.
Utilising Vanquests signature “Maximiser” staggered/offset elastic loops, you maximise the use of the internal space than other pouches using elastic webbing with shared stitches. Now with pen/marker/pencil sized slots.
EDCM-SLIM gives you ample space for essential gear while keeping a flat profile when fully loaded. There’s a large flat pocket on both the left and right panel, each with 1″ paracord loops on top. A removable 6″ double hook key chain tether can be placed on either side in three positions.
Pull handle and lockable #8 YKK zippers with circular paracord pulls for security and easy access. 1,000-D CORDURA® with TEFLON® by DuPont®, and MOLLE/PALS back panel further provide durability and modularity.
You can attach the pouch onto any MOLLE/PALS surface with MOLLE Sticks (#99MS5X4*); or convert it to a hook-and-loop attachment using the MOHL-Air adapter panel (#017700*); or use our 1″ UNIVERSAL STRAP (#012001*) to carry it over your shoulder. *Optional accessories.
FAQ: What is a “Maximiser™”, and how is it better than the other EDC organisers I have?
Answer: VANQUEST® Maximiser™ is a series of improved organisers that use our proprietary Maximiser™ webbing to “maximise” the use of space. The Maximiser™ webbing uses staggered/offset elastic loop channels, and is 15.5% more efficient in saving space compared to traditional elastic loops with shared-stitching.
In nature, geometry of a honeycomb achieves the maximum use of space with minimal use of material and weight. In other words, VANQUEST® Maximizer’s staggered / offset elastic loops are like those hexagon units in a honeycomb (See diagram):
Given the objects stored all have the same diameter (e.g. a Sharpie, or a flashlight), each repeating hexagon unit is 15.5% smaller than traditional elastic loop arrangement (square), and that’s how we “MAXIMIZE” the use of space.
Specs & Features
- Net Weight: 5.0 oz | 141.7 gram
- Size: 20.3cm (H) x 15.2cm (W) x3.1cm (D)
- One external easy access and two internal storage pockets
- 23 elastic “Maximiser” webbing slots: Staggered and offset stitching on elastic webbing reduces unusable space
- Grab handle eases hand carry and removing from pockets
- 15.2cm double hook key chain removable tether and three 2.5cm paracord attachment loops
- 5cm (H) x 11.4cm (W) ID/Morale patch loop panel on front
- MOLLE/PALS webbing on rear for modular attachment
- Materials:1,000-D Military grade Cordura® fabric with water-repellent Teflon® fabric protector by DuPont®
- Hi-visibility, lightweight & moisture resistant 210-D Ripstop nylon interior.
- Durable RC-Class YKK® #8 zippers, reversed for protection.
- User-friendly circular zipper paracord loops
- High tensile strength nylon webbings and binding tapes
- Finished with high tensile strength bonded nylon thread
Black, Coyote Tan, Wolf Grey, Red
Big fan of this Vanquest organiser. I've been looking for an all vertical loop system organiser in this size for an EDC toolkit. This easily holds tools 150cm with room to move. Expands well to hold many items layered upon each other when closed and the extra webbing loops at the bottom secures the longer items in nicely. So far everything is holding up nice and strongly. Highly recommend.
After some of the usual Australia Post shenanigans, Australian Preparedness went out of their way to get my order sorted, looked after the customer. Cannot fault them in any way.
Yet to use the product itself though. Got some doubts as to whether I selected the right size.....I may end up getting another, bigger one.